H2R Consulting LLC
Kids Center is searching for an experienced fundraising professional to serve as a Major Gifts Officer. Kids Center provides children with developmental delays and disabilities, from birth to age 21, life-changing therapies to improve their quality of life and to maximize their abilities. We do this through a range of disciplines including physical, occupational, and speech-language therapies. To complement those core services, we offer behavioral health and three specialty clinics – orthopedic, spasticity, and feeding.
The Major Gifts Officer serves on the Development team and reports to the Director of Development while also collaborating closely with the Executive Director. The role is responsible for securing funds for the organization by managing donors and prospects across the major giving pipeline - assuring that as many supporters and partners as possible are retained as continuing donors and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. Developing new relationships with donors and prospects is essential to this role.
Major & Planned Gifts
Approximately 85% of time will be spent on the following essential job duties:
• Responsible for securing major and capital gifts for the Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies
• Always collaborate with Director of Development and Executive Director to determine major gift fundraising objectives
• Manage a vibrant portfolio of 125 prospects in active cultivation/solicitation.
• Complete 300 meaningful, recorded contacts per year
• Responsible for completing an average of 10-15 personal donor visits per month
• Present a minimum of 20 proposals annually at $25,000 or above
• Create open communications with therapists and team members to identify fundable needs
• Coordinate arrangements for visits of prospects and donors to the two Kids Center campuses
• Prepare and present proposals and materials orally and in writing to prospects and existing donors in coordination with the Development Office
• Have a demonstrated passion for kids and families seeking services at the Kids Center
• Serve as an Ambassador for the Kids Center at community events including speaking engagements
• Work with the Development and Leadership Team to develop efforts to grow major sponsorships for key events. Develop an annual corporate sponsorship menu that includes event sponsorships as a benefit
Approximately 15% of time will be spent on updating contact reports in Raiser’s Edge to record moves with donors/funders and other administrative tasks essential to meeting organizational goals and ensuring cohesiveness in development efforts.
• Qualify a group of prospects and donors, segmenting them into major gifts and planned gifts.
• Create a communication and solicitation plan for each person and entity on major gift caseload. This plan should be based on the donor’s/entity’s passions, interests, history of giving, and potential.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development to secure major sponsorships and matching gifts for fundraising events.
• Collaborate with the leadership team and the Board on development efforts
• Work with program staff to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals, and asks that will be used to secure gifts.
• Create reports as required by the Director of Development and Executive Director that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
• Perform other donor activities as required.
• Ability to qualify caseload donors and segment into categories based on their giving and their potential.
• Ability to create and execute a personal contact and ask plan that considers the donor’s/funder’s interest, motivations, giving patterns, and ask preferences.
• Ability to secure project and organization information to create and write effective offers, proposals, and asks.
• Ability to secure information that can be sent back to donors to report on how their money was used.
• Ability to create timely reports, as required, that reflect caseload performance.
• Ability to manage relationships, deadlines, and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures and ability to get along with peers, management, and maintain a positive attitude while solving problems.
• Ability to protect the mission, goals, and values of Kids Center.
· Familiarity of the organization and its needs, sufficient to know when others in the organization should be involved in addressing organizational challenges.
· Critical Thinking: Able to make substantial contributions on behalf of a project in matters of complex planning and coordination, including organizational strategic planning and formation of cross-departmental project teams.
· Decision Making: Assumes significant leadership responsibility to develop and execute prospect solicitations that are in line with organizational strategy, mission, and vision with organization-wide impact
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of five years of fundraising experience or closely related area
• Proven ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts at the 5-, 6- and 7-figure range
• Demonstrated success of building meaningful relationships
• Proven success with developing and securing community partners and sponsorships
• Excellent speaking and writing abilities
• Accustomed to goal setting and achievement
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
• Experience in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
• Pass criminal background check and drug test
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule at times to accommodate the demands of the position, including weekend and evening hours. Local travel expected.
• Salary minimum is $75,000 and commensurate with qualifications/ experience
• Comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, short- & long-term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan, and generous paid days off
• Work in a family orientated, positive environment
• Professional development support
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to Phil Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Center is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The Kids Center encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, criminal history, and veteran status.