Kids Center’s team of compassionate professionals work with children and teens with a variety of physical, sensory, and cognitive challenges. Since 1958, Kids Center has improved the lives of thousands of children by providing world-class care from highly trained and experienced therapists. As a not-for-profit organization, Kids Center cherishes its mission to help children reach their full potential and to provide its services regardless of a family’s insurance provider or financial situation.
The operating budget totals approximately $5 million with programs at two Louisville locations, including countless cutting-edge approaches across multiple therapeutic disciplines. These include physical, occupational, and speech therapies; behavioral, nutrition, and Intensive therapy programming; orthopedic, spasticity, and feeding clinics; specialized feeding therapy and group therapies; and access to aquatic therapy.
Kids Center has helped children thrive in the Louisville community for 65 years. Our most valuable asset is our people, and we strive to create a workplace culture that promotes on-going education, collaboration across disciplines and campuses, and employee engagement and recognition.
For more information about Kids Center, visit: https://www.kidscenterky.org/
The Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s operations, culture, community outreach, and strategic plan. The position reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will possess superior leadership qualities, including the ability to think strategically about the organization and to cultivate meaningful relationships with stakeholders, including staff, and community supporters. The Executive Director will be regularly visible at both campuses, will operate with transparency and will welcome and respond to internal and external input. This individual will lead and engage the team of therapists and families who support one another to grow and make a difference in the lives of children.
The position oversees the Kids Center’s executive leadership team, including the Director of Programming Services, Director of Development, and Director of Finance. The position is also a key partner of the Board of Directors, an Ex-Officio member of all Board committees, and will be called to collaborate and present on key strategic initiatives.
• Work with the Board of Directors to develop both short- and long-term goals and objectives for Kids Center, and establish targets, strategies, and action plans to meet those goals and objectives.
• Communicate effectively with the Board and provide timely and accurate information necessary for the Board to function and properly to make informed decisions.
• Incorporate organizational governance and employment policies into operational processes and procedures.
• Perform on-going monitoring and reporting of Kids Center policies and take corrective action as needed.
• Plan and prepare Board meeting agendas in coordination with the President of the Board of Directors. Communicate with the Board regarding Board meeting matters.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned by the Board of Directors.
• Oversee the administration of Kids Center and develop talent and other resources to ensure the organization’s on-going operational and fiscal sustainability.
• Create, improve, and implement functions, plans, programs, policies, and procedures that will improve the operational, financial, and workplace effectiveness.
• Develop or maintain information systems that provide the organization efficient processes and data collection.
• Collaborate with the executive management team to propose and establish an annual budget that ensures maximum resource utilization and puts the organization in a positive financial position.
• Collaborate with the staff to build or maintain a culture characterized by teamwork, transparency, and recognition, and ensure regular and effective staff-wide communication.
• Build on Kids Center’s history of “knowing our families” and providing an environment for personal growth.
• Champion the values that make Kids Center what it is and what is strives to be.
• Develop or maintain policies, procedures, and general guidelines as needed to ensure an equitable and safe workplace environment.
• Oversee the development and enhancement of Kids Center’s mission, image, and fundraising base within the community.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizational stakeholders, the media, and the public. Examples: Kosair for Kids, Scottish Rite, etc.
• Regularly interact with and be in front of community supporters and media, through speaking engagements, development functions, or other activities.
• Connect with community partners such as Center of Nonprofit Excellence, business networking groups, Leadership Louisville Center, etc.
• A bachelor’s degree required, masters degree or equivalent preferred
• 5+ years senior management experience with a proven track record for excellence, innovation, and results, preferably in a non-profit organization or specialized pediatric outpatient clinic.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
• Advanced public-speaking skills, and comfortable speaking in front of large groups or news outlets.
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate staff, Board members, and other volunteers.
• Solid, hands-on budget management skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
• Communicates expectations and changes effectively
• Develops innovative approaches and ideas
• Develops team’s skills and encourages growth
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views
• Gives appropriate recognition to others
• Gives authority to work independently and sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
• Identifies external threats and opportunities
• Includes team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
• Makes self available to team and families
• Manages competing demands
• Provides ideas, vision, and inspiration that motivates others and grabs their attention
• Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Understands business implications of decisions
Kids Center is prepared to offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, health and vision insurance, HSA option, short- and long-term disability insurance, and retirement package.
Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, creed, sexual orientation or any other protected class.
Please submit your resume, letter of interest, and three professional references to Glenn Kosse at email@example.com.
H2R Consulting LLC
Copyright © 2022 H2R Consulting LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy