At E-Z Construction, our work makes us proud, and we love talking about our successful history and the lifelong relationships created along the way.
To create opportunities where others see obstacles requires innovation. Our biggest innovation is our cultivation of talent. Our employees are the real product, the engine behind our business, our greatest resource and the core differentiator from our competitors.
EZ’s expert construction teams are also dependable, hardworking, and prioritize safety as the cornerstone of every project. Due to a planned retirement, we are looking for a new Office Manager/Bookkeeper.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper must be an organized self-starter that skillfully prioritizes and artfully juggles multiple demands with sound judgement and attention to detail. They must be resourceful, timely, and have the ability to proactively anticipate needs within a fast-paced environment.
In addition to ensuring the smooth operations of E-Z Construction, the Office Manager/Bookkeeper must prioritize management of all organizational accounts and managing the full cycle of accounting activities for E-Z. They will coordinate all ComputerEase entry and reporting, administer employee payroll, provide support for benefits, and manage the company’s office.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper will provide bookkeeping and overall support for E-Z’s office operations. A high level of discretion is required as this position routinely deals with highly confidential and sensitive information and a diverse group of external customers, vendors, and other parties.
Manage the full cycle of accounting activities for the company (with ComputerEase) to include:
· Process accounts payable and receivable.
· Collate and enter vendor expenses.
· Prepare bank statements.
· Invoice clients and customers.
· Confirm the cash daily balance is verified and positive pay items are approved before 11:00am daily.
· Maintain the accuracy of the general ledger.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements.
· Manage the payroll system, to include employee timesheets, prevailing wage, payroll processing and all relevant tax filings, reconciliations, W-2s, and compliance matters. Serve as contact for employees regarding related questions.
· Process employee expense reimbursement.
Responsible for administration of reception, phones, voicemail, inquiries, reporting, office storage, filing system, supplies, equipment, fleet registration, DOT requirements (to include DOT Random Drug Pool), OSHA requirements, safety program, and oversight of office administration team.
Coordinate employee details for payroll administration, employee files, employee benefits, onboarding new employees, and Louisville Metro EEOC recertification, in collaboration with the Director of People Operations.
· Conduct all business in a professional, legal and ethical manner.
· Respect the confidentiality of E-Z, customer, and employee information.
· Perform other tasks and duties assigned by the Vice President, President, and Director of People Operations.
· Familiarity of the full business cycle and its needs, sufficient to know when and who in the company should be involved in addressing business matters.
· Critical Thinking: Able to develop and implement procedures and rules regarding routine workflows.
· Decision Making: Uses company vision and mission to set goals and exercise a high degree of discretion.
· Leadership: May manage people, teams, projects as needed to support leadership.
· Business System Knowledge: Experience with ComputerEase, HRIS systems, Microsoft Office, and other technology.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (or relevant, demonstrated experience).
· Previous experience as a full charge bookkeeper; Bookkeeping certification preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping software.
· Demonstrated experience preparing financial statements and tax returns.
· Ability to work to a strict deadline.
· Ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, analyze situations, develop effective solutions, and take initiative to facilitate the smooth operations and schedules for the leadership team and general operations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent E-Z to the public as well as interface with all levels of staff while maintaining tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
· Demonstrated experience in delegation and partnership across the business.
· Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay organized, and complete assignments under deadlines.
· A personal approach that values and respects differences of individuals, clients, and our community.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing, and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
· Minimal travel required.
How to Apply: Please submit the following to Kelley.Helgeson@H2RConsultingLLC.com
· Cover letter
· 3 professional references
E-Z Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, criminal history, and veteran status.